Debts You Still Have to Pay After Bankruptcy
– You still have to pay fine and penalties for violating the law and that includes your traffic tickets and criminal fines and criminal restitution.
– You still have to pay debts you have not included in your bankruptcy papers.
– Students loans are not dischargeable in bankruptcy court and filings unless it is a very hardship case and judge decides it separately.
– Again, child support and alimony cannot be discharged via bankruptcy.
– Your settlement from a divorce or separation cannot be subject to discharge in a bankruptcy proceeding.
– Fraudulent debts cannot be discharged.
– Debts for personal injuries or death caused by your intoxicated driving and
– Recent IRS collections and other tax dues.